Saturday, February 14, 2015

My Painted House

John Grisham wrote a book called, A Painted House.  Well, I now live in a newly-painted house and am loving it.  There are no cotton pickers or mysteries surrounding my house as there were with Grisham's; nevertheless, it is a much brighter color than it was.

 Then            Now

Obviously I can't hold a camera straight, both pictures are crooked, but you get the idea.

I had a bit of a mold problem that my daughter discovered just before Christmas. We let the office at the Indian Creek community know about it and they immediately sent men right out to clean and seal the windows, inside and out.  Then when the weather warmed a little more, they began working on my house in earnest--taking off the shingles and stripping the house right down to studs and insulation.  I had large sheets of plastic covering the front half of the house for four days. When all the leaks and bad areas were taken care of and sealed, they put new siding  on. Then ran pipe under the porch to collect the rainwater that runs down the road so it will channel off to the side, away from the house.

The shutters, gutters, porch lights, house numbers, and doorbell were taken off, and kept off, until the house was painted.  I asked the office if I could have the house painted yellow and they agreed.  For two days the painters had all the windows and doors covered with plastic as they spray painted the house.  I couldn’t see outside for those two days, but then, it was so cold there wasn’t much to see.

The shutters and gutters still need to be put back on, but I wanted you to see my bright new home.  It will look so much better when the shutters go back on and I plant roses next to the walk. 

Quote of the Day: Painting is silent poetry, and poetry painting that speaks.  Simonides 

No comments: