Sunday, October 4, 2015

I Stopped Procrastinating

This has been a very wet week in North Carolina—eight inches of rain in one week!  Sorry, California, wish I could send you some of it.

Because I didn’t feel like going outside and getting wet, I spent my time this last week at my computer finalizing my latest book, Stop Procrastinating – Get Published!: A Helpful Guide for the Beginning Writer.  I’m happy to say it has now been published through CreateSpace.  I’d been putting it off since the cruise, not ready to get back into tackling the cover and polishing up the interior. In other words, I was procrastinating. Ironic, isn’t it?
I finally decided to keep my desk chair warm until it was done.  No matter how sore my butt got!

This is a how-to book written as fiction and it’s for those who’ve thought of writing a book, writing a memoir to leave for their future generations, a collection of poems, whatever suits their fancy. This book will take your hand and lead you through the process, right up to the point of getting published. No longer do we have to beg for crumbs from publishers in hopes they’ll deem our words worthy of their time. We now have the option of self-publishing what we write. So there, big publishing houses!
The book is available on Amazon for $8.50 and on Kindle for $3.99. Think Christmas gift for the writer on your list or for yourself.  It’s a short book, packed full of information and writers’ resources.  I notice Amazon only shows the Kindle version at the moment; however, the print version should be available momentarily.

On a separate note, I’ve been having trouble with my Yahoo email so I’m changing to Gmail. Please make a note that my email address is no longer noirons@yahoo.com, but rather lindaloegel@gmail.com. Thank you for making that change in your contact list.

Quote of the Day: Procrastination is the thief of time.  Edward Young

 

 

 

No comments: